Something fun for everyone!
#DiscoverATL – Indoors, Outdoors, Gyms, Major Attractions, and Cool Local Stuff
Please note that some locations close seasonally or on some holidays, so make sure that you contact the place before you go. Also, it’s the South – if you’re going to be outside in the spring/summer – bring sunscreen and bug spray.
***Remember to check out CityPass.com if you want to visit more than one of these. It will save you a bunch of money.***
- The World of Coca-Cola
- The Georgia Aquarium
- CNN Studio Tours
- Zoo Atlanta
- Museums! Museums! Museums! (Children’s Museum, Civil Rights, MLK, Booth, the High Museum of Art, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, Civil War…and for the sporty types – The College Football Hall of Fame)
- Six Flags
Cool neighborhoods to visit
- Little 5 Points
- Virginia Highlands
- Downtown Decatur (TIP – Plan for traffic between us and Decatur. But the Jack & Coke Slushie at Victory Sandwhich Bar is totally worth it!) – or Ride MARTA it’s SMARTA!
- Atlantic Station (Shopping, LA Fitness, Movie Theatre, Restaurants, and Grocery)
- Lenox Mall/Phipps Plaza (Two malls with very different shops across the street from each other)
- West Side (Howell Mill)
- “The Shops” in Buckhead Atlanta (Our own little Rodeo Drive)
- North Georgia Premium Outlets (Holy Cow! There is more than 140 Stores! You may need an extra suitcase to get home. This will also be an all-day activity.)
Outdoor Local – Because Atlanta is Beautiful!
- Walk, run, or bike the BeltLine (Tanyard Park segment is the closest.)
- Piedmont Park (has a pool)
- Atlanta Braves Baseball (Brand NEW Stadium)
- Atlanta United Football (Soccer)
- Atlanta Falcons Football (American Football – Brand NEW retractable roof stadium)
Outdoor Day Trip – Because Georgia is Beautiful!
- Stone Mountain
- Vineyards in Dahlonega (Who doesn’t love a good wine tasting?)
- Tallulah Gorge/Tallulah Falls (Gorgeous but beware there are LOTS of stairs)
- Amicalola Falls (Is the tallest cascading waterfall in the Southeast – so there are even more stairs)
- Lake Lanier World (Lakeside water park with slides & a large wave pool, plus a mini-golf course & arcades)
- Chattanooga, TN
Play like a Local
EAT, SHOP & PLAY (the one-stop destinations)
- Ponce City Market – Rooftop bar and mini amusement park with some of the best views in Atlanta! (TIP – if you park in the lot – take a photo of your license plate – you’ll need it at the kiosk)
- Krog Street Market – Some of the top ranked restaurants in the nation can be found here!
FUN! FUN! FUN!
- Stoddards Range and Guns (The Midtown location is literally 1 mile from us) – Stoddard’s combines a best-in-class range with a premium storefront to create a new level of quality and excitement for the gun range experience.
- Top Golf
- Do a Craft Beer Tour (Atlanta has 17 amazing craft breweries and Urban Tree Cidery for the cider folks)
- Little Italia Atlanta (Slice of Italy in Atlanta with everything from beloved Antico Pizza to gelato and pastries. Located at Ethel St and Hemphill Ave.)
- Staff favorites for food, booze and games – Twain’s Brewpub & Billiards, and Ormsby’s
- “Shoot the hooch” – Because everyone should float down the Chattahoochee at least once in their life. Most of us do it at least once a summer. It’s super fun in a group! You can tie all of your tubes together. TIPS – Rent at least one paddle per group AND don’t pack anything you wouldn’t mind losing in the river. So basically, leave the expensive flipflops and sunglasses at home and buy a $5 pair. Bring food, drinks, sunscreen, music…and tie everything to a tube. You’ll have to rent an extra tube if you bring a cooler/backpacks. Check out “RiverTubing.com” – that’s where I go because the water is usually cleaner. Feel free to google, there are other places that are closer.
- LA Fitness (Multiple Locations – Atlantic Station has a pool)
- Anytime Fitness
- Workout Anytime Buckhead